National Biennial Competition – Win Cash Prize Worth INR 7.5 Lakhs
The National Innovation Foundation (NIF) and the Government of India aim to recognize, respect, and reward grassroots technological innovators and traditional knowledge experts. The competition’s motive is to give a chance to individuals who have achieved distinction in improving quality and productivity without the aid of formal institutions to participate in the National Biennial Competition for Unaided Green Grassroots Ideas Innovations and Outstanding Traditional Knowledge. Ideas for innovative technologies that have not yet become products are also welcome.
These innovators should be part of the informal sector, and education-wise only arts & commerce graduates, ITI students, and school dropouts are considered. The last date for submission of entries for the 12th biennial competition is March 31, 2021.
Steps to Participate in the Biennial Competition
- Click on the click below to submit your ideas.
- Individuals or groups may send as many entries as they wish on plain paper providing the technical details of the idea, innovation, or traditional knowledge practice along with sketches, photos, or videos wherever available/necessary.
- Educational qualification of the innovators or traditional knowledge holders and their occupation should be mentioned in the proposal.
- Complete postal address with pin code and contact number(s) and any other information that may seem necessary should be sent to the below address.
- Eleventh National Biennial Competition, National Innovation Foundation, India
- Grambharti, Amrapur, Gandhinagar-Mahudi Road Gandhinagar, Gujarat, Pin: 382650
- Tel: 02764261131/ 32/ 38/ 3
- Email: [email protected], Website: www.nif.org.in
Fill in the details for e-mail and SMS alerts on updates on Results and Giveaways. (one time – ignore if you have filled the details before in the website)
NIF Contest Ideas
Contestant’s Innovative idea can follow up on agriculture, machines, processes or products for farm/non-farm operations, household utility, transportation, energy conservation or generation, reduction in drudgery, development of plant varieties, development of herbal remedies for human/ animal problems, or any other low cost sustainable green technologies.
- Special awards will be given for innovations and outstanding traditional knowledge of/for women.
- There will be special prizes to recognize exceptional innovations by/for people with physical disabilities as well.
National Innovation Foundation Awards
A certificate of appreciation may be given to herbal and traditional knowledge holders whose claims may not have been validated but whose contributions are worth emulating for the society.
- National First – Rs.5,00,000
- National Second – Rs.3,00,000
- National Third – Rs.1,00,000
- NIF may also give a LifeTime Achievement Award of Rs.7,50,000 to an outstanding innovator with demonstrated lifelong creativity.
- The three most outstanding innovative ideas may be given prizes of Rs.50,000, 25,000, and 15,000.