Nikon small world’s photomicrography contest is conducted every year for individuals with interests in photomicrograpghy. The contest ends on April 30. The theme of the contest is to take a picture or a video of anything through a microscope. This Nikon contest is open to anyone with interest in microscopy and photography through the microscope.
Recognized authorities in photomicrography and photography fields are the independent panel judges, who will be selecting the entries. Based on photo/video’s originality, informational content, technical proficiency, and visual impact, entries will be judged.
Steps to Participate in the Photomicrography Contest
- Clicking the given link below will direct you to the contest page.
- You can participate in this contest by logging in or by filling a registration form.
- Particiapnts can register as a guest entrant to submit their photo/video.
- Participants can upload up to three photomicrographic digital images to the entry form.
Photo Contest Guidelines and Restrictions
To participate in the Nikon contest, entrants should follow the official rules and restrictions given below.
- Images must be submitted in .jpeg, .png, or .tiff format.
- All the images should be uploaded with highest quality file size, bit depth, and resolution.
- Images must be taken by entrant using a light microscope.
- The submission must be in the English language.
Photo Contest Prizes
Twenty winners ranked from the first place through the twentieth place, as determined by the judges.
- First Prize: $3000
- Second Prize: $2000
- Third Prize: $1000
- Fourth Prize: $800
- Fifth Prize: $600
- Sixth Prize: $400
- Seventh to Tenth Prizes: $300 each
- Eleventh to Twentieth Prizes: $200 each
- Honourable Mentions: $100 each
Terms and Conditions of Contest
- The Nikon Small World photomicrography competition is open to individual above or 18 years old at the time of entry.
- The contest commences from 1st December 2020 and ends on 30th April 2021.
- International panel of judges will announce the names of winners on the official website of Nikon.